There’s a very significant outlay needed before we can get out on the pitch again – insurance, affiliations, balls, nets, electricity etc
We therefore need membership subs to be paid ASAP to ensure we are ready to go
Some quick points
1. Please register online (attached link) where possible
2. For families – You need to each member individually – the discount will apply at the end. If availing for the family membership please register all the family not just those playing – we are all supporters after all 🙂
3. Membership rates for 2021 are the same as 2020
Laochra Gael – Bernard Flynn
We hope you managed to tune in to TG4 last Wednesday and see Bernard Flynn feature on Laochra Gael.
Club operating manual
The Club operating manual for 2021-22 has been published and outlines the day to day policies and procedures for the running of the club. We’d ask you all to familiarise yourselves with it. It is broken into 10 sections and provides guidance on the club structure, commuication and PR, pitch usage and facilities, finance and membership, welfare, insurance and medical, and club gear and equipment.
For more information on who is on the various sub committees, please contact any member of our executive committee.
During the year, we’ll highlight short sections of the document as reminders to everyone on what our combined duties are as club representatives. This week, we’ll highlight the piece on “key holders – section 6.6”
6.6 Key Holders
• All key holders must sign an annual undertaking confirming that they have been presented with key
• Keys are NOT to be copied by any person and without signing of declaration and pre-clearance from club executive. Any breach of undertakings will result in confiscation of key and suspension from usage.
• It is responsibility of the last team mentor officially scheduled on the pitch to ensure that clubhouse and gates are securely locked – NOT the last person leaving.
• Internal and external lights, heating and immersion should all be turned off, doors checked, and gate securely locked.
• Always have second person with you.
• Keys should be returned to the Chairperson or Secretary at the end of each season.
• Any breach of undertakings will result in confiscation of key and suspension from usage.
Return to Play
We are really looking forward to the return of training for our underage teams next week. See below the latest guidance from the GAA on the requirements and committment from you all to help us return in a safe way. The main things are that we expect everyone – coaches, mentors, parents and players to have the following:
Shane Black Cul Cilles Academy Return
Once again, we’re thankful to Shane for his generous support and allowing for the return of our Shane Black Cul Cilles Academy. As we’re only dying to get back we’re going to run the first session on 2nd May. We know this is a bank holiday and may not suit everyone. It will be business as usual for the rest of the summer (no bank holidays).
We’d ask you all to ensure you’ve paid your membership for the year please.
Conor has been back in the schools this week and coached 540 children in the schools of East Meath. He’s delighted to be back and we’re sure the children are delighted to see him too.
We’d ask all our members to help us on the lotto. Our sales are significantly down on last year, due to pubs and shops not being able to sell the tickets. You can subscribe online by clicking here
Next weeks jackpot is €4,900.
National Draw Tickets.
The GAA National draw has been postponed until June. We still have lots of tickets for sale and the club get to keep all money from funds raised. First prize is a Renault Clio V Dynamique Tce 100MY19. When we’re back to training next week, we’ll hope that all teams will help get behind this and sell some tickets.
Contact Ciara 087 – 6560343 for more information