Return to play
What a super week we’ve had with everyone back in games in Seafield and Piltown. There was tremendous excitement in recent weeks with the Return to Training for our underage teams. It was so good to welcome back all our young players to Piltown and Seafield and to see the smiling faces and friendships rekindled. With the news that games are returning on the 7th June there is so much to look forward to and we hope that everyone has a long and enjoyable season. It has been too long!
The famed Shane Black Cúl Cilles Academy was back yesterday, Sunday 2nd May. From aged 4 to aged 9 great fun was had by all. We look forward to welcoming everyone back or to the academy next week. We would ask that you arrive on time for training and when leaving, you would leave efficiently. Where possible, can we ask that just one car per family is taken to the academy also please?
You can find details on times and information here: https://cilles.com/teams/juvenile-teams/
SUPPORTING DARKNESS INTO LIGHT
We are supporting the Darkness Into Light campaign with a 24 hour beach solo challenge. The initiative which is being led by our ladies team will involve all our and urge all our members to get behind this very special by donating via the links on our Facebook page or clicking here.
GET INVOLVED IN 2021
Do your want to be part of something special, a community club, to make a difference in your community, to make a positive impact on the lives of many? If so then the Cilles is the place for you. As a player, supporter or volunteer we have so many roles and parts that can be played. If you have any queries reach out to us at email@example.com
Membership for 2021 is now due for all teams and members. Membership rates remain unchanged from 2020 and are excellent value for money. Membership costs allow us pay our day to day costs including affiliation fees, equipment, School’s GAA costs and pitch maintenance charges. Anyone experiencing any challenges with respect to membership then please do not hesitate to contact your team manager in absolute confidence
Some quick points
1. Please register online (attached link) where possible
2. For families – You need to each member individually – the discount will apply at the end. If availing for the family membership please register all the family not just those playing – we are all supporters after all 🙂
3. Membership rates for 2021 are the same as 2020
Our club shop is being restocked with gear for all sizes and we’ll be in Piltown every sunday morning making sure all our members have all that they need.
We’d ask all our members to help us on the lotto. Our sales are significantly down on last year, due to pubs and shops not being able to sell the tickets. Our club lotto funds day to day running costs and must be the one of most won lotto in the country. We need your support in these times with all other fund raising sources drying up. You can subscribe online by clicking here or subscribe for an annual ticket for €100. We need your support !
The jackpot is now €5,100
Hurling Academy Dual Player – Hurling Resumes 08.06.21
Welcome back to the 2021 Season at Cilles, where we are delighted to announce a summer of hurling at the Club.
For all players who are interested in resuming, beginning or coming out of retirement 😉,hurling will begin on Monday evenings from June 7th and will run for the summer months initially, with a view to extend in to the Autumn months if we have the momentum going.
Right now we are gathering names of kids AND coaches who are interested in joining the hurling set up to see what the numbers are like.
Please send a message to Paula on 086-2255541 and once we have numbers she will add parents to a separate Dual Player/Hurling Group with details of training times and allocated coaches.
Hope to see lots of people involved in this skilful sport! We have plenty to do with street leagues and guest coaches so plenty to learn and lots of fun to be had!
Our club photographer Brian Mulligan recently took a photo shoot with the Meath hurlers and his fantastic work can be seen at Meath GAA Facebook. What a super resource he is for our club and indeed for Meath GAA Pro team
Meet The Meath Senior Hurling Squad For The 2021 Season.
Thanks to Brian Mulligan
WE WANT YOUR MEMORIES
As we celebrate our 50th we want to hear your memories and see your old photos. We are currently trying to scan and archive as many old photos and memories as we can so that we have a permanent resource. No memory is too small, they are all so special so please send us your photos and your memories to firstname.lastname@example.org We can’t wait to hear from you
National Draw Tickets.
The GAA National draw has been postponed until June. We still have lots of tickets for sale and the club get to keep all money from funds raised. First prize is a Renault Clio V Dynamique Tce 100MY19. When we’re back to training next week, we’ll hope that all teams will help get behind this and sell some tickets.
Contact Ciara 087 – 6560343 for more information
Club Operating Manual
The Club operating manual for 2021-22 has been published and outlines the day to day policies and procedures for the running of the club. We’d ask you all to familiarise yourselves with it. It is broken into 10 sections and provides guidance on the club structure, commuication and PR, pitch usage and facilities, finance and membership, welfare, insurance and medical, and club gear and equipment.
For more information on who is on the various sub committees, please contact any member of our executive committee.
During the year, we’ll highlight short sections of the document as reminders to everyone on what our combined duties are as club representatives. This week, we’ll highlight the piece on “Club Gear and Equipment – Section 10”
CLUB GEAR AND EQUIPMENT
- Club colours are Sky and Navy jersey, navy and sky short and navy and sky socks. The Change strip colours are white and navy jersey and a third strip is sky and navy jersey.
- All players are expected to be properly attired for each game and mentors should emphasise the importance that the proper colours be worn for each match including appropriate footwear, gloves and kit
- All players should be encouraged to wear Club Polo/training tops /Jackets on match days (where they already own one). However, all team mentors must wear club colours – this includes any of rain jacket, polo, training top, or field jacket
- All personal belongings must be tagged
- All players should be encouraged to use their own personal water bottle.
- Top-quality washing materials should be used, or equipment given to a professional laundry
9.2 Club gear
- The club currently has 3 preferred Kit Suppliers. These are O’NEILLS, KC SPORTS and MASITA.
- All communication with preferred suppliers is through the Club Gear Subcommittee only. The reps from each supplier have been advised not to discuss any matters with any other person. This is critical as there are pre-agreed processes and prices agreed with each supplier. Communication via any other channel can lead to confusion, delays and duplication The procedure regarding club gear is as follows
- There are pre-agreed jersey/leisure wear styles. These must be followed for consistency and the “brand”. The styles will be reviewed regularly by the Club Gear Committee, Chairperson and PRO and updated accordingly. No other styles are considered.
- Enquiries should be made to the Club Gear Committee noting the required item and possible sponsor. The Club Gear Committee will then notify the relevant team of the required sponsorship amount 3. A CAD from the supplier will be requested by the Club Gear Committee and reviewed by the relevant members and signed off accordingly and presented to the Sponsor to ensure they are
satisfied with the CAD
- A purchase order number is then issued, and the order placed by the Club Gear Committee, copying the Club Treasurer. The sponsor and team will be notified of the expected arrival date 5. Sponsorship due should be paid in advance of the order delivery. Equipment will not be released before sponsorship is paid
Cycle for Suicide