As always, we will be fielding multiple teams at each age grade in 2021 so there will be a team for everyone. As ever, there are a number of coaches working with our teams at all ages and the list below is not meant to cover all possible contacts – please see individual team pages for full details.
The 2021 Shane Black Cúl Cilles academy resumed on 2nd May 2021.
See below for details of our our typical Academy setup.
- The Sunday Academy runs from 9.30am to 12:30pm every Sunday for children born in 2016 upwards.
- Children born in 2012/2013 will be on the pitch, with their respective age group from 11.00-12.30 every Sunday.
- Children born in 2014/2015 will be on the pitch, with their respective age group from 9.30-10.30 every Sunday.
- Children born in 2016 will be in the cage from 10.45 to 11.30 every Sunday.
- Children born in 2017 will be in the cage from 09.45 to 10.15 every Sunday.
- It is MANDATORY that all children wear a mouth guard in training and matches. Mouth Guards come in a variety of sizes and can be bought at any sports shop. If your child does not have a mouth guard, they cannot play!
- Please ensure your child is registered as a member of St Colmcilles. Membership options are available HERE
- A friendly reminder to all parents/guardians that they must remain on the premises of St Colmcilles for the entire duration of the Academy, and have filled in a Return to play form for themselves. https://returntoplay.gaa.ie/
- Kit/Footwear – children may wear whatever they find comfortable in (tracksuit, leggings, shorts) to training; it is not mandatory that children wear club / football kits, though many children want to once they begin training! We recommend layering and ensuring your child has a light windcheater / jacket in case of rain or windy conditions. We recommend football boots to prevent slipping. Gaelic football gloves are not mandatory but some players prefer to use them; particularly in wet conditions. Gloves may be purchased in a variety of sizes in most sport shops.
- Club Gear / Colours: The Club colours are navy with light blue accents. Children playing competitively will be asked to have the club colours socks and shorts. These can be purchased through O’Neills and many sports shops. To access St Colmcilles online shop: Click Here
- Club Shop – We will have our club shop most Sunday mornings and you can buy the kits, gear, mouthguards etc.
- Weather Closures – As the saying goes, if you don’t hear from us, Academy is on! In the case of very poor weather and unsafe pitch conditions, an announcement will be made on the morning and posted to our Facebook page before 8.30am on said morning. Please download our app to keep up to date will all relevant information regarding the academy.
There are specific requirements for 2021 to enable training take place in the COVID era.
- Complete E-learning manager and share certificate with Team COVID supervisor
- Fill in health questionnaire https://returntoplay.gaa.ie/ for every session you and your child attend
- One guardian must stay with child for the duration of the training
- Bring own water bottle to training
- Get in, train and leave.
For Hurling and Camogie queries contact Gwen Lanigan on 087-9726472
Juvenile Girls Coaches 2021
|2015 Girls||Dave Gilligan||087-9874180|
|2014 Girls ||Elena Wade||085-8172927|
|2013 Girls ||Aileen Lynch||087- 9909449|
|2012 Girls ||John Martin||087-6358351|
|2011 U9 Girls||Sinead Collier||087-1126269|
|2010 Girls ||Aideen Gurrin ||087-3743519
|2009 Girls||Gearoid Lawless ||086-6049584|
|2008 Girls||Ciara Lenihan |
|2007 Girls ||Jackie Grant ||086-6790190
|2006 Girls ||Ken McHutcheon||087 634 9162|
|2005 Girls||Johnny Cairns ||086-1729189
|2004 Girls ||Brian Horan ||087-9583814
Juvenile Boys Coaches 2021
|Cage - Fundamentals (2015 & 2016 boys and girls)||Blathnaid McCabe||087-2847707|
|2015 Boys (U6)||Dave Johnson||089-2481953|
|2014 Boys (U7)||Daire Ferguson||087-2033740|
|2013 Boys (U8)||Ronan Kelly||087-1218848|
|2012 Boys (U9)||Sandra Geraghty|
|2011 Boys (U10)||Barry McDonald||087-2551108|
|2010 Boys (U11)||Steven Scully||087-0539381|
|2009 Boys (U12)||Ian Mullen||086-1695938|
|2008 Boys (U13)||Mark Gallagher||087-6215569|
|2007 Boys (U14)||Ray Finlay||087-911 4127|
|2006 Boys (U15)||John Maguire||087-3238633|
|2005 Boys (U16)||Ronan Murphy||086-1785137|