As always, we will be fielding multiple teams at each age grade in 2019 so there will be a team for everyone. As ever, there are a number of coaches working with our teams at all ages and the list below is not meant to cover all possible contacts – please see individual team pages for full details.
The 2019 academy will start on 7th April and will run until October. Look out on Social Media for exact dates. See below for details of our our typical Academy setup.
- The Sunday Academy runs from 11am to 12:30pm every Sunday for children born in 2015 upwards.
- It is MANDATORY that all children wear a mouth guard in training and matches. Mouth Guards come in a variety of sizes and can be bought at any sports shop. If your child does not have a mouth guard, they cannot play!
- Please ensure your child is registered as a member of St Colmcilles. Membership options are available HERE
- A friendly reminder to all parents/guardians that they are required to remain on the premises of St Colmcilles for the entire duration of the Academy from 11am-12:30pm.
- Kit/Footwear – children may wear whatever they find comfortable in (tracksuit, leggings, shorts) to training; it is not mandatory that children wear club / football kits, though many children want to once they begin training! We recommend layering and ensuring your child has a light windcheater / jacket in case of rain or windy conditions. We recommend football boots to prevent slipping. Gaelic football gloves are not mandatory but some players prefer to use them; particularly in wet seasons. Gloves may be purchased in a variety of sizes in most sport shops.
- Club Gear / Colours: The Club colours are navy with light blue accents. Children playing competitively will be asked to have the club colours socks and shorts. These can be purchased through O’Neills and many sports shops. To access St Colmcilles online shop: Click Here
- Weather Closures – As the saying goes, if you don’t hear from us, Academy is on! In the case of very poor weather and unsafe pitch conditions, an announcement will be made on the morning and posted to our Facebook page before 10am on said morning.